September finds.

Every month I will get out in my garden and find some small creatures to identify. Might get hard through winter. Eventually it'll become an identification guide for British garden insects, spiders, and bugs. If I get something wrong let me know, I'm not an expert. I'm also not a photographer. 


Light Brown Apple Moth Epiphyas postvittana

Crane Fly Tipula paludosa

Beautiful Plume Moth Amblyptilia acanthadactyla

Small unknown fly (possibly Hover Fly)


Hover Fly Helophlius trivittatus

Lesser Garden Spider Metellina segmentata (male on right, female left)


European Garden Spider Araneus diadematus (females)

Small unknown fly

Cluster Fly Pollenia rudis



Species of Sheet Web Spider Linyphia Triangularis

Yellow Dung Fly Scathophaga stercoraria

Greenbottle Lucilia caesar

 Bonus image, fly caught and saved for later.

Comments

Popular Posts